Thursday, June 2, 2011

More about music...

Sigh... so I have the chance to lead a group of middle school students in a youth group worship band this summer. Amidst my apprehensive worries for organizing set lists, rodeo-ing junior high students, and insecurity of add, God has really sustained me. He is teaching me that no matter who I become, no matter how horribly I mess up, He is still in control. He makes everything work out so I will grow closer to Him, remember that He is my ultimate prize, and remember that I never need worry. No matter where I go, or don't go, God is using me for His glory. I will always achieve His will because even in my failure, God brings blessing, growth, and legacy for my future. I don't have to be the greatest, because God doesn't need the greatest. He just needs my faith, and He will help me move mountains. I know very little about the technical aspect of music. I took piano lessons for a few years up to 5th grade, which hardly qualifies me for any sort of leadership position in music groups. No playing of the 10 stringed lyre for me... but that's okay. God needs only my heart in worship, which requires no talent whatsoever... or strings.

No comments: