Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Somewhat normal

    I had a heart to heart with my mother just now. I never knew how much I missed it until tonight. We chatted about my life. That was definitely a new experience. Not once did she bring up her problems with my dad, and for once it seemed like all was right in the world. Life seemed somewhat normal again. 
   I got to vent about all the drama in my life with her actually listening to me. She didn't judge me or tell me how it was my fault, she just listened. I haven't had that in a while from anyone. I just want to cry right now because it gives me so much hope that I am loved and cared for. 
   Some say you never know what you've got til it's gone. I feel like I just didn't know what's been missing in my life until God showed me. God blessed me with a great day today. Never mind that I have an infection and a fever. My heart is full, my God is good, and my hope is alive.
   
Matthew 11:28-30
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

No comments: