Sunday, July 26, 2015

Another song

I was really struggling emotionally this week while being a counselor at junior high summer camp, so I took some me time and this song is a result of that. "It's a work in progress. I guess I just feel too much."

Progress not Perfection:

I wish I really was all you thought of me
I wish I really was all I pretend to be
But all you know, and all you see
Sometimes fools even me.

Though I'm alone
I'll build my home
On top of my solid heart of stone

I will run
I will get up
When I'm knocked down
I don't know why or how,
but something deep inside of me
is calling me
to greater things
I may not fly
but I'll still try
until I die
or reach the sky
I will continue to rise
Though I'm empty
With a false identity
I'll continue to fight to be set free



No comments: