Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The blessings of a brat

   I'm exhausted. I had five hours of sleep last night. One would think I'd be passed out now, but I'm determined to blog every day. (Okay so technically I missed yesterday, but better late than never right?) It's been a great day,  but I'm just in a bummed out mood. I'm looking for a new job, I have a headache, and I'm feeling some stabs of jealousy right now so I've decided to count my blessings so I'll stop being a brat. (I may as well be honest about my bad attitude.)
   Okay, here we go...
-I am a child of an Awesome, Holy, Wise, Loving, Always Forgiving, Mighty, and Glorious God. He loves me and has taught me so much through my trials. He continues to grow me into a strong woman of faith, and He gives me a purpose. I'm truly happy following God's will for my life. He loves me at my worst moments, and forgives me any and every time I ask, without hesitation. His love for me is both awe-inspiring, and baffling at the same time. He is in control and He never fails me.
-I have two fully functional hips. (It's been almost two years since my first two major hip surgeries!)
-I am gaining a wonderful education and learning so much about something I am very passionate about... music!
-I have a hard working, compassionate mother working two jobs to help pay for my education. She is an amazing cook, and she is so witty and is so quick to make a joke. I definitely got most of my humor from her.
-I have a fun father who made me into the nerdy, UFC loving, softball playing, classic rock junkie/ Trekkie that I am today.
-I have a hilarious brother who constantly quotes movies with me, shares my passion for late night comedies and Family Guy, sings Green Day with me, and makes me laugh with his dry humor.
-I have an awesome boyfriend who loves everything about me, including my obnoxious burping, ADHD, and my random sometimes hyperactive personality. He shares my passion for music; he's extremely intelligent and outgoing. He listens to me when I'm depressed, and knows just what to say to lift me out of my funk. He is selfless and

..... I'm going to get my buns to bed now. I feel much better now. Good night world! I bid you farewell, feeling much less like a brat now and more blessed than ever.

"May the God of HOPE fill you with ALL JOY and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit YOU MAY ABOUND IN HOPE." - Romans 15:13

No comments: