Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Failure and Faith

   The days are dwindling down before I must thrust myself back into the routine of school. I have so much to do. Yet here I sit, watching The Big Bang Theory and creeping on facebook. The reality looming before me prevents me from preparing... in other words... "I don't wanna!"
   I'm an excellent procrastinator. It's probably what I can do best.  (Although, sarcasm is a close second.) I've had years and years of practice. Sometimes I wish I could just shake myself out of this complacent state and accomplish tasks weeks in advance instead of hours.
   The truth of the matter is, I work well under pressure. Anything I do a day ahead of time is impeccably done. It's one obstacle I have not yet quite overcome. I have failed so much before that it's hard for me to see any chance of success now. I'm praying for self control. It seems like an uphill battle, but I know that God is on my side and I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.

Isaiah 43:18-19
Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.

No comments: