Monday, January 16, 2012

SONS OF THUNDER!

   I should really go to bed. ("Should" being the operative word of course.) I'm watching an episode of Buffy The Vampire Slayer before I go to bed. I'm a sucker for anything by Joss Whedon! No school tomorrow, so I have some time to sleep in. I am determined to blog everyday. Okay, okay so I technically missed yesterday but I'll submit another entry tonight to make up for it!
    It is now day 5 in the 30 days to read the New Testament challenge. I have finished the book of Matthew and I'm in chapter 5 of Mark. Which has only been accomplished by the grace of God. I could never do anything this intense on my own. It's by his power I am even this far into the challenge! Reading all about Jesus and his life on earth really gets me excited. His life on earth is a great example as to how I am to live my life. I love reading the parables as well. It's Jesus way of simplifying his lessons for us so even inattentive goofballs such as myself may understand.
   Today, I really focused on faith. Jesus said that even a faith the size of a mustard seed can move mountains. I may not be able to see God, but I don't have to to know He's with me. I may not see where my life is headed, but I have faith that God will direct my life into something I am passionate about. I want to move mountains!
   I want a faith like Peter, who wasn't afraid to ask Jesus to walk on water. He may have gotten scared and started to sink after he walked a few steps from the boat, but no other disciple can say they trusted Jesus enough to even ask him to walk on water. I want a faith like Peter. I want to walk on water!
   I have decided on fasting from Facebook for awhile to work on the priorities in my life, and other various reasons all of which are fairly noble in cause and will spare me an extra few hours in my day I suppose. I spend so much time on distractions.
   One of my weaknesses is organization. Most everything I do is out of impulse. It's a part of having ADHD, but it's completely manageable. The hardest part is realizing when I'm being distracted, and giving into my impulses. Today's blog is brought to you by: Self Control! Yes, yes, I know that it is 1:33 a.m. and that just may be the antithesis of self control, but I'm determined to finish!

Mark 3:17
James the son of Zebedee and John the brother of James (to whom he gave the name Boanerges, that is, Sons of Thunder.

(If I ever sing and play in my own band, I am totally naming it Sons of Thunder... pretty hardcore right?!)

No comments: