Saturday, May 19, 2012

Of cliches and being a hipster...

   I thought today was going to be a huge downer. First thing I have to do when I wake up is get ready to go with my mom and brother to be continue the process of applying for government housing. I was less than thrilled when I woke up let me tell you. My attitude was abominable.
   Government housing? Psh! As one of my friends so succinctly put it, "You are that poor huh?" (When I responded yes, they apologized.) After the first few grumblings and snappy responses though, I realized I was acting like a giant butt-munch. So I stopped, breathed, and remembered that this is God's plan to move my family and it is for my good.
   I cheered up even more when we got breakfast at Mcdonalds though. Nothing like some savory, deep fried, hashbrowny goodness to brighten up my day! The indigestion was totally worth it. I don't care what anyone says about Mcdonalds. It will always hold a special place in my heart... in all the clogged arteries and veins. But I digest. (Couldn't resist a family guy quote.)
   I was reading through another little known book of the bible today, Micah. Another minor book of prophecy. Hoping that something would jump out at me today and lo and behold, I found a couple verses that pretty much sum up this crazy chapter of my life.

 Micah 7:7-8
But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me. Do not gloat over me, my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light.
 
   "I will ri-ise, out of these ashes, rise..." Yeah, it's a song. (Musical turrets!) A good one too. You should listen to it. "Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light." I put all of my faith in this. I could try as I may to grope around in this darkness and try to find a way out on my own, or I could wait on the Lord to be my light and show me they way. It will take patience. Let me (or anyone with ADHD) tell you, patience is not our strong suit. I. Hate. Waiting.
   God knows this and that must be why I'm here in this situation. He is teaching me patience. To rely on a power greater than my own (Cuz He who iiis in me, is greater than I will ever be and I will ri-ise!) that will come in the future instead of trying to accomplish things now in my ever-failing weakness. Instant gratification=Lasting Pain.
   I continue to look forward to my totally radical summer filled with serving God at jr. high camp, a convention for worship leaders, and all around epic friends and awesome-sauce activities. For realsies. (Yeah, maybe too many odd hipster words jammed into one paragraph.)
   With all my tuition paid for and OH YEAH! I forgot to mention! My financial aid has been reinstated! So now my textbooks will be paid for by financial aid which means.... this upcoming school year will not cost me a dime!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!! God has totally blessed me with way more than I could ever dream of, or even hope to deserve. I give God all the glory for this amazing opportunity. Now I can focus on saving money for the college I transfer to... or whatever God has planned in my future.
   I must be at work at 8am... which is in less than 6 hours. I must be off to bed soon. I leave you with this verse that pretty much sums up the cry (of joy and thankfulness) from my heart right now. God is good, all the time, and I am undeserving (but grateful) of every bit of it!

Micah 7:18-19
Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy. You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.

No comments: