Saturday, June 9, 2012

Nothing profound in this post today (just a warning)

   The 8 1/2 hour work day has been vanquished! How do I reward myself?! With a little ear training and piano playing, that's how!! Go ahead, I know you're thinking it, you might as well say it aloud... I'm a music geek. I don't care!!
   So work today was... well, work. I really feel God has been laying on my heart to be more up front and open about my faith, so work has been kind of the place that I've been starting to live out my faith. I am unhappy with being complacent about my dormant evangelistic lifestyle. I've been praying for really obvious opportunities to share my faith in some big or small way.
   I also feel God pressing on my heart to work on my self control, so I think I might do the Daniel Fast... I don't know much about it, but I know that you only drink water, eat veggies and certain non-processed, healthy foods. I'm a huge carnivore so this could really really stretch me spiritually. I need to research more about it before I commit to it though. (Obviously.) As for now, I will be perfectly content with some frozen pizza and Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog.
   I'm so pumped for Sunday! I sing in the morning at church, work from 1-6, and rush over to the bible study from 6-8, then hang out with some pretty awesome women of God. Well my brain is fried, and I'm exhausted so this is it for me tonight. So as you can see, this post really is about nothing... I tried to warn you! Okay, you want profoundness? Here is the best I got right now...

Remember... God made you special, and he loves you very much!










Okay maybe I can do better. Here are some epic verses I read this morning during my time alone with God...
 Psalm 36:9-11
For with you is the fountain of life;
in your light we see light.
Continue your love to those who know you,
your righteousness to the upright in heart.
May the foot of the proud not come against me,
nor the hand of the wicked drive me away.

Psalm 66:8-12
Praise our God, O peoples,
let the sound of his praise be heard;
he has preserved our lives
and kept our feet from slipping.
For you, O God, tested us;
you refined us like silver.
You brought us into prison
and laid burdens on our backs.
You let men ride over our heads;
we went through fire and water,
but you brought us to a place of abundance.

 Psalm 62:8
Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge.
...Maybe it's because I'm such a music geek, but Psalm is my favorite book of the bible. I love the sheer poetry and creativity of it all. The lyrics are just absolutely beautiful! David was an epic musician! I can't wait to jam with him in heaven someday!

No comments: