Sunday, August 19, 2012

Discarded

   One of the saddest days I experienced during my parents split-up was when my mom brought out the napkins from their wedding, with their names and the date printed on them. The wedding napkins she had saved since they got married, and she put them in the kitchen to be used like regular napkins. I felt horrible every time I used one of those napkins. I kind of died inside every time I wiped my face with the thirty year old wedding napkin that represented so much more than it's intended purpose. So easily discarded just like their marriage.
 
   Sometimes I still really hurt from all of this like it's a fresh wound. Sometimes it seems like a healed scar only stinging when I remember how it came to be. But I know it will always be something that makes me stronger and draws me closer to the Lover of my soul. It's a part of my faith story now. I'm a different person from it all. God is good through it all.
  
   School starts tomorrow. I'm pretty nervous, but I trust God. God is in control and glorifying and following Him is my purpose in life. I would not want it any other way. That's all I have for today.

Habakkuk 3:17-19
Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.
The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to tread on the heights.
For the director of music. On my stringed instruments.

No comments: