Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Enough baggage to vacation to Guam for a year.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

   I don't feel like a new creation. My past is stained with so many sins. My present is stained with so many regrets. I have so much baggage from all I've been through that I don't feel like I measure up anymore.
  
   I know Christ has forgiven me, but I have a hard time letting go. I'm scared that who I am now won't be enough. What really sucks about baggage is that I feel inferior and inadequate just from knowing I have baggage.
 
   I feel like I would be a burden to anyone who really wants to know me because knowing who I am means knowing all my baggage too. I don't want to carry my own baggage, let alone anyone else to have to carry it too.  
  
   The baggage from my past relationship makes me feel worthless and trashy, the baggage from my parents divorce scares me into thinking I may end up just like them.

   Another breaking story in my life... moving is not all it's cracked up to be. My mother is breaking down big time, and it is breaking me down. I had to leave the house tonight and escape. I went to my youth pastor's house to get away and hear some truth spoken to me through this dark time. God is amazing about providing people for me. God is amazing period.

   I'm not who I once was, I know that for sure, but I also know for sure that God's not finished with me yet. He is chiseling away at my soul and renewing me through these awful moments. I only pray I don't lose sight of where I'm going or how far I've come from where I've been. Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

No comments: