Thursday, September 13, 2012

All lit up

   What's the one thing that you love doing? The one activity or hobby you do that makes you feel better no matter what? The thing that makes you light up? Nothing makes me light up more than serving God in youth ministry. Wednesday is my favorite day of the week because youth group is on Wednesday. I get to chat with my favorite Bethel Baptist youth pastor and prepare for an epic night of dodgeball, leading and serving the students in worship, and ministering to junior high students in small group.
   I come away from Impact (that's the name of the junior high youth group) so filled. God's opened up a special place in my heart for youth ministry. I don't know why, but I'm okay with that. Sometimes I wonder (I wa-wa-wa-wa-wooonderrrr) how God's going to fit this into His plan for my life, if at all?
   In the end of the day, I pray that I will always have the blessing of youth ministry in my life. As I was driving home from Impact tonight, I just thanked God for the awesome opportunity to serve Him in doing something I love so so much.
   The message today really hit home. It was on Psalm 63:1-4
O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. 2 I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. 3 Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. 4 I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.
...I want a relationship with God like that. I don't seek God enough. I try to live a good life, according to His will, but I forget that sometimes I just need to know Him more. Not just know about Him, but really know Him. I can do all I want, but that won't truly change me from the inside out. Knowing Christ, truly knowing Christ, and loving Him changes even the hardest of hearts. I want to know Christ, and the power of His resurrection. 
   This month, I'm going to be more diligent about my time alone with God. I won't be in the word  because I should be or have to be, but because I want to know Christ more. I desire Him. I will consciously seek Him everyday. So much so, that when I am without Him, my body longs for Him. My soul thirsts for Christ. I want a love like that. I pray every day that I will fall more madly in love with God as I discover more about Him.

No comments: