Saturday, March 20, 2010

Early Morning, Sleepless, Ramblings.

So tired. Need to go to bed. Need to speak in complete sentences. Sorry. I am exhausted. It's 5:43 am. The scent of popcorn and perfume is finally waning. The meek sound of raindrops hitting the window is so soothing. They are lulling me into a sound sleep. Nature is my ultimate lullaby. Thank you Lord for nature! I think You are the ultimate artist. Everyone else copies Your work but none compare to the original. Thank You for rain, and gloomy days. If every day was the same, I would never appreciate them as much as I appreciate a good rain after a drought. Or a perfectly warm spring day after a harsh winter. The sun's warmth on my face, and the gentle wind teasing at my hair. The echo of pattering rain on the roof in my ears, while knowing I am safe in my bed, under the soft aged blankets. It has been ages since I have ventured into the backyard at night and laying in the dew drenched grass to look up at the stars. I have somewhat an obsession with the stars. I have been depressed lately because I have not seen a single star for weeks. It is a beautiful, subtle reminder that I am not so big. With that, I say good night.

No comments: