Saturday, March 20, 2010

Unfailingly Devoted.

Made of sin, made to glorify.
How can human nature conflict so much
over divine purpose?
Filthy rags made of righteous deeds without love.
Sinking into the sin I jumped in
knowing fully of the consequences.
Ill are my motives,
loving are my ploys to get my way.
my downcast face
keeps me from my salvation.
undecided to look up for fear
of losing myself.
yet that is what I must do to follow Him.
Chained down by desire.
Weighed heavily in guilt.
Afraid my true self will unearth.
I am so undeserving.
Please God show me my worth...
You are the one Redeemer,
I turn and You are there.
no running back to You because,
You were always right behind me.
I see the worth You give me,
because You are unfailingly devoted.

-I originally wrote this song just to remind me of how terrible I am. I realized during the writing process that God has and will always forgive me for my flaws. I decided to make it more about Him, instead of having a huge pity party hosted by me. (You can probably tell, as the song progresses.) I realized that everything I do should unveil my humanity and God's divinity... it should all point to Him and give Him glory. At first the song was titled "Undeserving" now I have renamed it: "Unfailingly Devoted."

No comments: