Monday, January 23, 2012

All I want is to have my peace of mind

   My weekend was crazy. I was barely home and had so much fun with my friends. Now I'm having a fun hangover. I had 8 hours of sleep total for the whole weekend. (I'm so thankful class starts at 1pm!) Now I get to catch up on all the responsibilities I shirked over the weekend. 
    Now is the time I start beating myself up for not planning my weekend better. I tell myself, "Why can't I just organize things like everyone else?!" Everyone else seems to get their homework done on time. Everyone else is responsible. Nobody spends as much time on the computer and television as I do. If I spent less time on distractions and more time on my responsibilities, I would get so much more done. Why can't I just get it together?
   I don't know but it has to stop. This weekend was so much fun, and I had no time to even worry about my parents which was a BLESSING. Now it's time to jump back in to reality and "Do work son!" I just feel horrible for how much I've avoided. It's a vicious cycle: I go out and have fun, ignore my to do list, come home exhausted, wake up the next day with the looming to do list, and k.o. myself with guilt beatings. 
   I pray for peace of mind and the ability to be gracious toward myself. 

1 Peter 1:13
Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed.
  
  

No comments: