Sunday, January 22, 2012

Direct from God

    Today's blog is brought to you by: a broken blogger. I was in Luke today, reading more about Jesus and His ministry on earth. I was amazed by how relational he toward everyone. Some people came to Jesus only to be healed, with no intention of following him. Jesus knows their hearts, but heals them anyway. I'm the kind of person that would be plaguing others into submission if they didn't follow me. "Oh you don't want to go to church today?" BAM! "Have fun with those boils and sores then!" -Yeah I need to work on that...
   The bible says that even "sinners" are nice to people who are nice to them. (That in itself is a challenge for me sometimes!) A true follower of God is gracious to everyone. So guess what I'm working on today? No, not my car... although the door does open itself while I'm driving sometimes (I'll save that story for another time)... I'm going to work on grace. Not because I want people to like me, but because of God's grace toward me. 
   I am so undeserving of Jesus' sacrifice on the cross, but Jesus died for me anyway. I want to be like Jesus. I'm going to worry less about failing Him and work on serving Him and others more. I'm going to fail every day in one way or another, that I know. As long as I repent and remember God promises to forgive me, I have no reason to hold on to the guilt. 
  Today is the day I focus less on myself and more on others. Today is the day God becomes the motivation to press on toward my goals. 
   "Jesus, be the center. Be my source. Be my light, Jesus"

Luke 6:27-31
But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you.

No comments: