Saturday, January 21, 2012

In the morning when I rise, give me Jesus... and nutella

It's Saturday! In the words of my favorite sponge, "Good morning Bikini Bottom!" Wow, only two hours ago I was eating fruity pebbles and laughing about boys with my best friend! Okay so the fruity pebbles were actually the generic kind. They are called fruity dyno bites! Isn't that exciting?!
So anyway... Today I am off to a choir retreat at 8 am, otherwise I would have slept for more than two hours. I'm about to max on a delicious homemade breakfast that includes homemade nutella, cinnamon rolls, sourdough bread and muffins! Yeah be jealous because not only am I about to eat most likely the best breakfast in history, I'm going to eat it with the coolest choir people in the world.
I've been praying for friends my age ever since I moved to Galesburg and I finally feel like I belong. Sure
most of them aren't Christians but that's part of the great commission right? My friends know I am a Christian and yeah I get jabbed for it every once in a while but it's worth it. They love me for who I am, and they respect my beliefs. Not because I shoved it down their throats when I met them, but because I formed a relationship with them.
So many Christians treat the unsaved as if the only goal is to save them. It's all about the product and never the process. But I've found that Christianity is a lot messier than that. People can see right through it. I'm not saying one cannot successfully witness to others without having previously met them but Jesus lived his life on a relational level. He put himself out there and let others come to him. Being a "fisher of men" requires more than just extensive knowledge about the bible. Witnessing to others requires more than a debate on religion. Witnessing is carried out through how we live our lives as well. Witnesses in court have to be reliable and consistent and upright in character in order for their testimony to be believable by the jury.
I love Jesus, and I want others to share that love that I have with Him. So today as I munch on all the homemade breakfast numminess with my buddies, I'm going to make sure to reflect the love of Jesus. I'm choosing to follow Him, and witness to others by how I live my life. I want them to see the awesome relationship I have with my Creator and say, "Dang, I want a love like that!"

No comments: