Monday, January 9, 2012

This is my brain on ADHD

I'm having trouble organizing my thoughts. "Well how is that different from every other minute of every other day?" And my reply would be "It's not." I decide to type one thought, but delete it again. Over and over and over. My brain is overloaded with a thousand different thoughts, ideas, random memories, and random songs like Barbie Girl by Aqua and More Than A Feeling by Boston. Stabs of resentment and bitterness crop up into my noggin every once in awhile. I notice that my toe is tingling from being numb. I laugh at the time I got bit by a donkey. I wiggle my toe because it's still numb. I glance at the stack of job applications that spreads a sense of dread (that rhymed) throughout my thought-filled brain. Snapshots of last night's argument plague my brain and bring tears to my eyes. I worry about my family. I worry that I might have torn my parents apart. My head says "no" but my heart screams "yes". I wish I had more friends to confide in about my problems. Then I remember that I haven't prayed in a while. I should talk to God about this. I begin to worry about what you might be thinking about this blog post because it has no sense of direction or profound revelations. I list the chores I need to accomplish tonight. I worry about starting a 7 hour school day tomorrow. I laugh at the ridiculous cut-away jokes that make Family Guy so entertaining. I wonder whether you are still interested in reading this post. I'm sorry if this is so weird. This is my brain on a normal basis... That reminded me of the "This is your brain on drugs" commercial. "This is my brain with ADHD." I really need to take all these Christmas decorations down. I believe the standard amount of time to leave these decorations up is well past it's deadline.  I'm all alone in the house right now. I wonder how loud I could play my music until someone called the cops on me? Someday, I want to sing in a band like Hillsong United. My dream is to lead worship for thousands of Christians in a huge stadium. I love singing on my church's worship team. I had the chance to lead worship last year, and after I shook off the initial nervousness, God blessed me with the words to say, and everything went smoothly. Another dream of mine is to host Saturday Night Live someday. I am amazed at how flexible my cat is. She sticks her leg straight up in the air and licks the the end of her paw! I wish I was flexible like that. Not so I could lick my leg, but just so I could be all graceful like a ballerina dancer. I have no need to lick my legs. I promise. Well if you haven't stopped reading by now, I'm pretty sure I've just creeped you out enough to make you stop now... sorry. I suppose I should thank you if you have stuck it out this far. Thank you. Really. This post is mostly just to clear my brain. It helps me focus if I write down all the things that are bugging me. It's kind of like downloading content from your computer to a hard drive. It declutters the computer and makes room for other documents and data. Well I suppose I should stop now. Thanks for sticking with me here and reading this odd post! I feel much better now! Though there is no real spiritual relevance to this post, so I will leave you with a verse that I must start applying to my life... especially right now.

Proverbs 17:28 (ESV)

Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent.

No comments: