Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pressing on

   Wow. I've had a rough day. The message in church was about marriage. It took every fiber of my being not to cry throughout the whole service. I did not cry. (Praise God!) When I got home though, I completely broke down. It's getting harder to rely on God when these issues are clouding my view.
   I have to constantly remind myself that I have more life ahead of me than in my past, that it will get better, and that God is working all this out for my good. I obsessively repeat it like a mantra. Like a marathon runner sweating and straining through the last mile. Like Steve Prefontaine running with a jacked up foot as blood is filling his shoe, he continues on, toward his goal.
   My strength is gone, so much so that only God is my strength now. He is the reason I survive each day. Not only survive, but fulfill His will for my life. He gives me a reason to live and press on through all these trials and hardships.
   As the ever wise, ever profound band Relient K always said "I'm pressing on. All my distress is going, going gone. And I won't sit back and take this anymore. Cuz I'm done with that. I've got one foot out the door. Going back to where I was would just be wrong. I'm pressing on."

Philippians 3:14
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

No comments: