Thursday, January 12, 2012

Today's blog is brought to you by: cruel irony!

   Wow. What a day. As the snow accumulated throughout the day, as did my anticipation for a snow day. Guess what?! School was cancelled! After I had attended all but one class.... School was actually cancelled at 2:30, and all my classes except choir took place before then. Ah irony! I do enjoy a good bout of irony! (Even at my expense, I still appreciate it!)
   I'd like to say that things are better than ever. I'd like to say that everything is sunshine and marshmallows and rainbows... mmm... marshmallows. (Guess who's hungry?) I'd really like to say that even a couple things in my life were going well, but in all honesty my life has gotten worse. (Cue the sad theme music that plays during the end credits of the t.v. show "The Incredible Hulk".) Does it seem like I'm a little peppier? Oh I'm so glad you asked because... yeah I am. Guess what great epiphany I've had today?! I'm not strong enough, and I can't handle the obstacles in my life.
  Yeah, okay it's not really a "let's all go out and celebrate at Buffalo Wild Wings" type of epiphany, but I've had another epiphany. (This one is relevant, I promise! That first epiphany was just so I could draw you in so you'd be all like "Say what?! I need to read more to figure out what she means!" ...Did it work?) (I really think I may be abusing the right to use parenthesis.)
   My second epiphany is as follows: God is stronger than any problem I will ever face. He loves me and wants to use me for His glory, even in the midst of my struggles. My God is super cool like that. I've spent so much of my life trying to please others and win their approval. When God is the only one I really need to serve and seek approval. "Well done my good and faithful servant." is the applause I will strive for from now on, because my God will never fail, always love me, and provide for me. He is worth serving. I may not be able to brag about myself, but I will always brag about my God! I give God all the glory.

Isaiah 40:28-31
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

No comments: