Sunday, February 12, 2012

May the force be with you

   I'm honestly at a loss of what else to say today. Life is still busy. I'm in a musical and practices have taken up more time in my schedule than I anticipated. I'm praying for wisdom to divide my time wisely and keep calm amidst the raging, chaotic torrential downpour that is my life.
   I'm almost done with my 30 days through the New Testament! I'm so excited to actually follow through with a goal. It's not very often that I set a goal, let alone achieve it. It's all by God's grace that I've come so far honestly. I could never do that on my own.
  Totally unrelated, I saw Star Wars Episode I in 3- D today. It's been awhile since I've seen it, and I almost forgot how geeked I get in the presence of Darth Maul. The rest of the movie is okay, but Darth Maul just fascinated me just as much now as he did then.
 Sunday is coming to a close. I have to say that I loved the church service this morning! The pastors are preaching a series called Extreme Family Makeover. It's funny how God works stuff together like that. His timing is impeccable. Every message in that series has spoken to me and helped me heal a little more. God is taking care of my broken heart, and I am just in awe of Him.
  God is good when I am not. He is faithful when I fail him. God loves me when I turn from him. He is my life. Why would I follow anyone or anything else?! No matter what, I'm following him. The lyrics from this song pretty much sums it up for today.

 10,000 Reasons -Matt Redman
  
"The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes"

    God has been fanning the flames in my life and now I'm going to let them burn. He has set fire to my passion and purpose in life. I cling to the promise in 2 Timothy 1:6-9, and hope to live up to it for the sake of Christ. Who I am on my own will never fulfill God's purpose in my life. His spirit in me sustains me and makes me so much more than who I could ever hope to be on my own.

 2 Timothy 1:6-9
For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. So do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord or of me his prisoner. Rather, join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God. He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,

No comments: