Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The anatomy of burger in mouth

   It's been a rough day. I've been so focused on what I'm missing instead of what I already have. I'm not much in the mood to blog today to be honest. I've been trying to distract myself and talk to God about my feelings.
   I'm ready to eat my feelings. It's a food binge kind of night. I've got some more praying to do for sure. I pray for God to strengthen me according to His purpose, for some perspective, for wisdom to discern right and wrong, to guard my heart, and use this sudden emotional downturn to draw closer to God.
   God is working out this weird depression for my good. I don't know where to go from here honestly... except McDonalds for some greasy food to fill in the cracks of my heart. Okay, melodrama of that sentence made me smile so maybe all is not as bad as it feels. God loves me and wants to spend time with me, so life is definitely better than it feels right now.
   I'm back on facebook for those who don't know. It's not really a big deal. I just miss knowing the goings on of people's lives. I want to start praying for one facebook friend everyday. Anyone who jumps out at me on the timeline first will be prayed for. That's how I roll.
   Okay, I was serious about getting some McDonalds... it's definitely go time. I'm going to change out of my spandex volleyball shorts and ripped up workout shirt and make myself halfway decent so I can acquire some greasy nummyness. Yeah... you heard me, spandex shorts and a ripped up workout shirt. Today was my bum day. Don't judge.
   Okay so wrapping up now... um... It's funny how writing out feelings makes me feel so much better. It helps me to get my thoughts out and stops me from wrestling with them so much. I leave you with an epic verse I read today, that applies to my life right now in more ways than one...
Psalm 81:10
I am the Lord your God,
who brought you up out of Egypt.
Open wide your mouth and I will fill it.
  God has definitely brought me out of my own personal "Egypt" many times in my life. He is so awesome... And yeah... you can bet your sweet momma I will open my mouth wide and fill it! I'm about to max out on a mcdouble! ...I know that's not much, but that's all my stomach can actually handle. I am not a big eater... anymore...  BADAH-BAH-BAH-BAH! I'm lovin it!

No comments: