Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Hot mess 100!

   This is a very special post! Do you know why? Today is my 100th post! *Confetti bursts and streamers fly*  Da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-daaa-daaa! (That was Hail to the Chief... just use your imagination.) My first post was way back when I had just had my hip surgery. I noticed how dark of a place I was in back then. God has delivered me from so much, and I am forever grateful.
   My day started out pretty awesome. I had a great time alone with God. Reading some more in Psalm, Proverbs, James, and Isaiah. Then some prayer on the floor. There is something about intentionally getting down on my knees to pray that makes my time with God so much more intense.
   I guess it's not the act itself of kneeling to pray, but the fact that when I kneel, I remember that I am kneeling before my King, my Creator, my Savior, my God. It humbles me. I used to start out every prayer asking God for help or praying for others, but since I've been kneeling, I've started my prayers praising God for His divinity and AWESOME power. Kneeling is a physical reminder of the contrast between me and God. I'm the servant, He is the master.
   Okay so after that came work from 12-6. Work was kind of frustrating. I was on register and boy did some interesting characters come out of the woodwork today! Some creeper had the nerve to stare at my chest and at me while I bagged his purchases, then a German lady paid for her order all in change, and the only thing I could do was remind myself "Jesus died for these people too, Erin." So even though I got flustered, I kept my cool and thanked God I didn't have to work 8 hours today.
   Then I helped with a junior high bible study. I got to talk with my youth pastor a bit about the goings on in my life which was nice. And now I'm here! Reading Love Wins and rambling about silly things... wait... this is my 100th post! This is a big deal! I need to do something big! Okay... I got this! A video post!!! Here you go all you avid readers! Or reader... I'm sure there can't be more than one or two people who actually take the time to read my stuff... but yeah, video post! Please, watch, or not... I mean it's up to you...






   Okay did you watch? It's cool if you didn't. I won't know either way. Okay so that hot-mess of a train wreck video is over, here is the verse I will leave you with that sums up the past year...
Psalm 94:17-19
Unless the Lord had given me help,
I would soon have dwelt in the silence of death.

When I said, “My foot is slipping,”
your love, O Lord, supported me.

When anxiety was great within me,
your consolation brought joy to my soul.

No comments: