Thursday, June 7, 2012

Hold On To That Feelin!

   Whew. What a day. I survived! I am rewarding myself with some fried rice. Soo here's how today went down... I woke up at 7, and had my time with God, then I practiced piano starting with Manifesto for camp, and then Don't Stop Believin' just for fun. I got ready for my voice lesson at 12 and worked on one song til 1. The lesson went really well! (I actually impressed my vocal coach! Which rarely happens.) Then I went to work at 2-8. Holy moses. It was so busy. Then I went straight to worship team practice until 8:40. I. Am. Exhausted.
   So I wasn't in a very optimistic mood this morning, but I mean, who can be pessimistic while playing Don't Stop Believin' right?! My spirits were lifted even more after the successful voice lesson.
  Then there was work. I ringing up a purchase with a backpack with some writing on it... it had a name written on it... so and so's name... So began my pestering thought process about so and so, switching between anger/pity/reminiscing/missing/worrying.
   Then I was shelving a bunch of books that just so happened to be romance books with "romantic" cover art. Ugh. It was excruciating. Maybe I was just being a baby, but it was rough. As I was worrying, I realized I hadn't even talked to God about how I was feeling.
   I was so caught up in just forgetting so and so and moving on to something else, that I forgot that I could totally vent and share this with God. So I did, while simultaneously hanging women's shirts. I just told God what was going on in my mind and heart, and asked for some peace and healing.
   I felt better after praying and 6 hours fly by without another pestering thought about so and so. I'm so thankful that God gave my heart a nudge to remember Him and remember that He wants me to talk to Him. So that was my "duh" moment for the day. Mmm... good fried rice... I think it's time for some ice cream to chase it down.
   Oh and just remember... don't stop believin... ;)
  
Deuteronomy 6:12
be careful that you do not forget the LORD, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

(...Or surgery/family issues/break-ups)

No comments: