Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Prayer for peace

   I'm at a crossroads. My brain is going haywire right now, trying to organize all of my thoughts so I figured I'd start writing them down. I'm missing God's truth in my life right now. I'm being swept away by my feelings and it's kind of scary. It comes down to guarding the heart again.
   God, please guard my heart for me. I cannot do it on my own. Be my light so I can see the blessings around me and be satisfied. Even when I am not satisfied, let me be satisfied in you Lord. I need you. I want to be near you. Please bring to light my selfish desires. Help me to see myself as you see me. Help me to stop believing lies and start believing Your perfect truth. I know that you don't make mistakes, so I am not a mistake... so that must mean that I have some worth... but I don't believe it. God, help me to believe it. This is my prayer as of right now... stolen from a song that I sang in choir...
Prayer For Peace
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is discord, unity. Where there is doubt, faith. Where there is error, truth. Where there is despair, hope. Where there is sadness, joy. Where there is darkness, light. Oh divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console. To be understood as to understand. To be loved, as to love. For it is in giving that we receive. It is in pardoning that we are pardoned. It is in dying, that we are born to eternal life. Let me sow love, pardon, unity, faith, truth, hope, joy, light. Let these be my gifts. My gifts for peace.
   God, I don't want my relationship with you be clouded. I want to spend time with you for the sake of spending time with you. Let my relationship with you be pure. Your will be done in my life, in my heart, soul, mind, and strength. Help me bear my burdens like Jesus bore the cross. Grant me humility, mercy, grace, and patience so I may grant it to others. Jesus, it's you that I want. I'm hurting, I'm worrying, I'm selfish. I see something I don't have, and I covet it. I am sorry, Lord. Please forgive me. God, let me covet you instead. I thank You for your many blessings. I thank You for being patient with me. Let me be a blessing to others so that my focus is turned away from myself. Thank you for providing me with healing. You are amazing. God, you are my Savior. Amen.
   Okay. I definitely needed that. I needed to talk to God about this. So where do I go from here? I don't know... Applebees? I'm kind of hungry. But not hungry enough to shell out an exorbitant amount of money for mediocre food.
   Well to answer my own question, I guess I don't have to leave... I could dwell at the feet of God in prayer for a while... yeah... I think I'm going to do that. So... until my next post... you stay classy.

No comments: