Sunday, August 26, 2012

I am God's instrument

   Wow, what an awesome day. I'm exhausted. So the Sunday morning service was amazing. God totally blessed us! Everything went smooth, and the band sounded great. The response from the congregation was awesome. God's really working and moving in Bethel. I'm just so thankful to be a part of it!

   God gets all the glory for the awesome service this morning! He created me with a voice, a passion for music and youth ministry, He provided the resources and the talented students in the band, He was working in the hearts of the congregation today, and I am just a tool...wait... that didn't come out right... I mean, I am just His instrument.
 
   I am God's instrument... I like that...

   I'm thankful for a lot of things today. Every single talented musician in the youth band, my worship pastor, God's provision in making the service so impacting, my youth pastor, and especially God's gracious, amazing love for me.

   I never thought in a million years I'd get the chance to be leading a worship band filled with talented, Christ loving students, or a chance to lead a Sunday morning service! Today has been soo encouraging, because people in church have been so encouraging. I love my church family. God has totally blessed me with a beyond epic church family, and I am forever grateful for everyone.

   So after the service, my mom and I went to our new house to paint. She let me pick out a color for my room, and I chose a turquoise blue. It's amazing what a little paint can do to seriously change a room! My mom's friend helped us paint, and she was an amazing blessing to us both, because I painted like, once before... and that was set painting for a musical.

   I'm so happy and giddy and encouraged and... dare I say... hopeful?? I haven't been hopeful in a while. What a strange, amazing feeling! Tomorrow brings music theory class, of which I have yet to do the homework, a voice lesson, and auditions for the fall musical. I have barely practiced my piece... Popular from the Broadway hit, Wicked. I should be worried, right? The funny thing is, I'm not in the slightest.

   Aside from the fact that I used to sing it in front of the mirror 24/7, and pretend I was Galinda, I have not practiced it. I'm just so crazy hyped and ecstatic about everything else that went on today, that I don't care!

...So anyway... nothing really profound today... Just me bragging about God's amazing, awesome, super epic love for me. I love God so so much. You all need to know that. Okay enough blogging for tonight! Goodnight all, and have a pleasant tomorrow.

No comments: